There is uneasy calm in the Northern Region town of Bimbilla following the deployment of a team of Police-Military to the area.
The enskinment of a sub-chief earlier this week sparked a gun battle between feuding factions, resulting in the deaths of at least 10 people.
Police say so far, three children – one girl and two boys all four years old, six women and one male adult were murdered and their bodies have been deposited at the Bimbilla hospital morgue.
At least 18 people were reported injured and are reported to be in critical conditions in the hospital.
The Interior Ministry has since dispatched a 170-member crack team of Military and Police personnel to maintain security in the area.
Interior minister, Ambrose Dery has said Friday that government would not meddle in the Bimbilla chieftaincy dispute, which has led to the death of scores of residents in the Northern Regional town.
He said government would endeavor to protect the regent of Bimbilla as well as lives and properties of all residents.
A journalist with Matambo Radio, Osman Nuhu, reports there is uneasy calm at Bimbilla in the wake of the intensified Police-Military patrol there.
Most shops he reports are still closed bringing business activities to a halt.
The incident has compelled government to review a curfew imposed from 8 pm to 6 am to 4 pm to 6 am with heavy a security force made up of 130 police officers and 40 military personnel have been deployed to maintain peace.
Meanwhile, Mr Dery has advised individuals aggrieved with the chieftaincy issue to follow laid down due process to seek justice.
The Lawra-Nandom Member of Parliament (MP) suggested they could use the Regional House of Chiefs, National House of Chiefs or the supreme court where applicable.
The Minister said the Regent is under police and military protection, adding the prosecution of those found liable would be determined by the outcome of the ongoing investigation.
© PEMTSIKATA NEWS